1. These are the terms and conditions for the NIVEA
"MONEY BACK CHALLENGE" (“the Challenge”).
2. The promoter of the Challenge is Beiersdorf
East Africa Limited
3. The Challenge is open to Kenyan, 18 years and older, only and excludes the Promoter, the Promoter’s advertising and promotional agencies, any directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of the Promoter, any supplier of goods or services in connection with the Challenge and the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified aforesaid.
4. The duration of the Challenge is from 09:00 on 1 March 2023 until 23:59 on 30 Jun 2023 (4 (four) Weeks for Products bought by 31st May 2023):
4.1 purchasing of Qualifying Products, as set out in clause 5, from 09:00 on 1 March 2023 until 23:59 on 31 May 2023.
4.2 subject to the conditions set out in clause 6, to claim back money for purchasing of Qualifying Products from 1 March 2023 until 23:59 on 30 Jun 2023.
5. The Qualifying Products are:
5.1 NIVEA® PERFECT & RADIANT LUMINOUS630® ADVANCED TREATMENT SERUM 30 ML; and
5.2 NIVEA® PERFECT & RADIANT LUMINOUS630® EXTRA PROTECTION DAY CREAM SPF 50 40 ML.
The products are focused on reducing dark marks on the face caused mainly by sun exposure and hormonal problems.
6. In order to participate in the Challenge, Participants cannot have or suffer from active acne or acne scars, or any scaring whatsoever.
7. Qualifying participants are required to –
7.1. take a “before” photograph of his / her full face without makeup (date stamped) before commencing the Challenge; and
7.2. purchase and use both Qualifying Products daily for 4 weeks (or until the product has been depleted as per usage instructions) following the product usage instructions for use to see results;
7.3. keep the till slip as proof of purchase; and
7.4. keep the empty Qualifying Product containers.
8. In addition to purchasing the Qualifying Products to be eligible to enter the Challenge, qualifying participants may also purchase and use NIVEA® PERFECT & RADIANT LUMINOUS630® ANTI-DARK MARKS EYE TREATMENT and / or NIVEA® PERFECT & RADIANT LUMINOUS630® ADVANCED NIGHT CREAM for improved results. These additional products do not qualify for a refund, where applicable.
9. In the event that despite using the Qualifying Products daily for 4 weeks (or until the product has been depleted as per usage instructions) following the product usage instructions, a qualifying participant does not feel satisfied with the products’ results, such participant may request a full refund for his purchase of the two Qualifying Products. In order to request a refund, the participant must send an email to Nivea.LuminousMoneyBack@beiersdorf.com before the closing date of the Challenge, and the following must be included in such email:
9.1. reasons why the participant believes the products did not achieve the desired results;
9.2. a copy of the “before” full face photograph (refer clause 7.1 above);
9.3. a copy of an “after” photograph of his / her full face without makeup (date stamped) within two (2) days of completing the Challenge;
9.4. a copy of the till slip (refer clause 7.3 above); and
9.5. clearly legible photographs of the empty Qualifying Product containers (refer clause 7.4 above).
10. The refund will be subject to verifying that the Qualifying Products have been purchased within the Challenge purchase period (refer clause 4.1 above), as well as that the Qualifying Products have been used correctly, according to the instructions and indications of use of the same, and that the request is only made after 4 (four) weeks of having made the purchase. Refund requests will not be accepted where no minimum 4 weeks of use have elapsed after purchase (or until the product has been depleted as per usage instructions).
11. A qualifying participant will be notified of the Promotor’s decision to refund such participant within 10 (ten) working days of receipt of a refund request, using the e-mail addressed used to request the refund. To effect a refund, the Promotor would require the participant’s ID Number, proof of residence and bank details. Once verified, a refund will be made into the participant’s bank account.
12. In the event that a participant does not comply with these terms and conditions, such participant will not be refunded.
13. In the event of (i) fraud by a participant, (ii) attempted fraud by a participant, (iii) bad faith by a participant, or (iv) a Participant failing to comply with the conditions set forth in these terms and conditions, such participant may be disqualified. In the event that the refund has already been deposited, the Promotor may revoke such deposit and take the necessary actions for the purposes of preventing and / or demanding the return of the money.
14. Neither the Promoter nor its agents, distributors, nor any of the Promoter’s directors, officers, employees or agents shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the entrants in connection with this Challenge.
15. The Promoter shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the participants.
16. Participating Retailers shall not be liable for any refund to any participant in the Challenge.
17. All the information provided or related to this Challenge shall be managed, captured, and approved by the Promoter, and will not be used for any other purpose than for execution of the Challenge and in line with applicable legislation.
19. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the participant or the Promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 ("CPA").
20. By entering the Challenge, entrants acknowledge that the Challenge will be managed in accordance with the provisions of the CPA. Qualifying entrants undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the Promoter to comply with their obligations under the CPA.
21. The Promoter's decision(s) shall be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
22. Entering this Challenge constitutes the unconditional acceptance of these terms and conditions.